• 144 posts
  • Skin: CAGE
    • State/Province:Alberta
    • City/Area:Edmonton
    • Year:2010
    • Soul:4U

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

So I came back after not driving my Soul after 10 days to find that the battery was completely dead.  I used the key to manually unlock my doors, and when I turned the ignition there was nothing.  Luckily I had the booster cables I purchased before I went on my trip to boost me.  Forward a few days and it's time to replace my battery.

If anyone needs to replace the battery on a 2010 Soul 4u with the 2.0L engine, the battery code that will come up it 121R for sizing.  I went to my local Costco to pick up a new battery, but sadly they don't stock that size.  I guess 121R is not a common size as it dimensions were on the smaller size.

Never the less I bought one at Parts Source, and after a 15 minute install my Soul was once again running.

Now here's the thing, everyone's books/manuals/catalogues showed that the battery size was 121R.  When you actually install it, the battery is significantly smaller in width and length than OEM.  my battery blanket doesn't even touch t3 sides of the replaced battery.  I'm guessing that the mounting has more to do with the sizing but i will head to parts source again to see if the 124R will fit....

#2 Kevin D Harris

Kevin D Harris

Soul

• Soul Hamster (Regular Member)
    • 26 posts
    • State/Province:Florida
    • City/Area:Jacksonville
    • Year:2011
    • Soul:Plus +
    • Color:Clear White

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

Will be interested in how this goes. I know my 2011 2.0 Soul will need a battery before much longer. Most places dont carry the size or have limited life batteries. So far the best price warranty goes to Interstate.

#3 Buzz

Buzz

Soul Man

• Advisor Hamster (Retired Staff)
    • 6,508 posts
  • Skin: CAGE
    • State/Province:Texas
    • City/Area:DFW
    • Year:2010
    • Soul:Exclaim !
    • Color:Alien Metallic/Green Tea Latte

Current mood: Dr Pepper

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

I noticed the size difference when replacing my battery......no issues so far in a couple of years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name