1. Vulgar language, images and other offensive material including, but not limited to, race, pornography, narcotics or drug abuse is not tolerated here. Threads involving nudity will require viewers to be at least 18 years old. Staff shall be the sole judges of what does and what does not violate the boards standards. Posting this type of material will earn a warning.
2. While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of diverse backgrounds, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it. If you continue this type of behavior you will be warned, and eventually banned.
Users may not argue a moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderator must first address the moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the moderator and user must send their positions to the forum admin. The forum admin will make or change any and/or all final decisions.
3. "Trolls or Trolling", "Flames" and/or "Board Wars" are not tolerated here or elsewhere. Posts that taunt or are otherwise inflammatory against other sites will be removed. Also, anyone found to be making inflammatory posts and remarks on other forums (starting Flame/Board Wars) can and will lose their posting privileges here. This rule also applies to those that, for whatever reason, feel a need to post negative remarks about this site on other forums. If you do, don't expect to be welcome here. You will be warned and banned as appropriate.
4. Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one. Repeated abuse will earn warnings.
5. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short), "smiley" only, non-sense posts and such. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count ("post whoring") is frowned upon. If you do engage in this type of activity, we can prevent your post count from increasing from that point forward or warn you.
6. If you feel that you have a service or product that the members of SoulHamsters.com can benefit from notify an Administrator. Vendors and manufacturers are welcome to post in the appropriate place, but will be watched carefully to ensure the safety of our members. Vendors interested in supporting the site will be given vendor sub-forums if wanted, and other special considerations.
7. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed and will result in one account being removed without notice.
8. Illegal transactions/sites, selling of personal information (i.e. credit cards, e-mail addresses), pornography, etc are not allowed in the forums and will result in the deletion of the post and warnings or an instant ban, depending on the severity of the posting.
9. Don't post "Hey BigJoe1456" as a thread, if you need to speak to someone specifically, PM or email them. Such threads will be closed or deleted.
10. Moderators and Administrators have final word in anything and everything. If you have a problem or a complaint, direct it to them, not to the general forums. They will then take the appropriate actions. This applies to issues with the forum in general, as well as issues with other members.
11. We ask that members keep in mind membership is a privilege, NOT a right, and as a private forum, the administration and moderators have total say as to which members are, and are not allowed. The same rule applies for single posts and threads, and anything deemed to be inappropriate by any member of the staff will be removed. Members who continue to ignore this rule will be removed with no possibility of return.
12. Signature and Avatar Content: Please keep all content in your signature or avatar PG-13. We have a lot of members that access this site from public locations (work, libraries, etc) and don’t want any distastefully or questionable content posted in signatures or avatars. Signatures and avatars are not to be used to portray any other member of this site is a negative way without exception.
Signature Sizing: Do not exceed these size limits when creating your signature (600 pixels wide x 150 pixels high) for pictures, plus two lines of text, standard forum size.
Avatar Sizing: Do not exceed these size limits when creating your avatar (90 pixels wide x 90 pixels high)
As always the staff reserves the right to decide what is considered distasteful or questionable and all decisions made by a staff member are final. Any signature or avatars not meeting the guidelines stated above will be deleted and the member warned.
13. The staff believes everyone can make mistakes, and members should be given a chance to redeem themselves. Our warning system will give you 10 chances to adhere to the rules, or be banned permanently. Warnings can be removed after six months of good behavior, but must be requested in the appropriate Warning Removal thread. Only one warning will be removed per 6 month period.
14. The staff of the site have a volunteer job here, and with their positions, they cannot be expected to leave if there is an disagreement on the forums. In these cases, or if several warnings are earned, the offending member will be temporarily suspended to cool off. Depending on the severity of the situation, this suspension could be an hour, a day, or a week.
15. While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Therefore, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure our site is not disrupted or abused in any way.
16. Searching. Look, we know you are excited, but search before you post. The members here are full of information, but if you prove to be a weak member that wants to be spoon fed everything, they probably won't help you. Search CORRECTLY, then post if your question isn't answered. If there is a thread that is close, post in there, we'll split it if need be.
17. QUOTING. Don't quote every post in the thread, or more importantly, the last post in the thread. If you want to direct your comment directly at the last post, use the ^^^ key in the top line of your reply. Lots of quotes fill the page with info that is already there, use the ADD REPLY or FAST REPLY buttons at the bottom of the page.
18. PICTURES, AND THE INTERNET. You post pictures, expect to hear what folks like and don't like about your pictures. By posting your pictures on Soulhamsters.com either directly or by linking from another site (i.e. Photobucket, Flickr, etc.) you are authorizing Soulhamsters.com to use your pictures in any way we see fit.
In short, not everyone is going to like what everyone has done to their cars. This is life, if you don't want comments on your images, think twice before posting them. Expect positive comments, constructive criticism, and negative comments about what you've done to your car, your personal photos, your chrome tires, or the LED's attached to your dipstick, your photography style, your camera quality, etc. The internet requires a thick skin, and isn't full of butterflies and flowers.
The X9 Protocol
At Soulhamsters.com we are VERY lenient. We want members to stay here, we want a good community. Sometimes it takes a bit of nudging to a member ignoring or thinking they are above the rules to get them to act right. To do this, we have instituted a MANDATORY Suspension Policy for different levels of warning.
First time warning will be a verbal (PM/Message) warning. Verbal warning will note the infraction, the rule it broke if any, and how to keep from having further site issues. If severe enough, first warning WILL be an Official Warning.
1 - Official Warning - No Action
2 - Official Warning - 1 Day Suspension
3 - Official Warning - 3 Day Suspension
4 - Official Warning - 5 Day Suspension
5 - Official Warning - 7 Day Suspension
6 - Official Warning - 14 Day Suspension
7 - Official Warning - 1 Month Suspension
8 - Official Warning - 3 Month Suspension
9 - Official Warning - 6 Month Suspension
10 - Official Warning = PERMENANTLY BANNED. If not already permanantly banned by now for other reasons.
Note, as of 01 June 2011, this site has given out less than 10 warnings to over 1200 members. One member had 5 just to himself, and he happens to be the only banned member from this site. This is just "in case".
We do not delete user accounts. If you no longer want to participate in the website, just stop logging in and turn off your notifications/admin emails.
These rules can be amended over time without notice in the expressed interest of Soulhamsters.com. Using these forums in any manner means you have read and agreed to follow these rules.
Edited by FMuscle, 06 December 2012 - 05:16 AM.