• Skin: CAGE
    • State/Province:California
    • City/Area:Eastvale
    • Year:2011
    • Soul:SE Tiger
    • Color:Clear White

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

I just had the best experience at Kia Valencia. That guy, Matt, was so helpful and knowledgeable. I wish I could buy more from him. :worthless:)

Ok, in all seriousness, the people there were great and I got the car I wanted, at the right price. What more can you ask for?

#2 Sundance

Sundance

Soul Sport

• Soul Hamster (Regular Member)
    • 802 posts
    • City/Area:Paso Robles
    • Year:2010
    • Soul:SE Ignition

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:07 AM

looks like you found our site OK. I'm sure you will see some things you would like to add to your car. Attend a couple meets and you can see many add ons you might want. to make this car special to you.

#3 kawieee

kawieee

Soul +

• 411 posts
    • City/Area:Eastvale
    • Soul:SE Shadow Dragon

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:12 AM

She will be using my car as a reference. ;)

#4 Enderz

Enderz

Hamster Handler

• 1,024 posts
    • City/Area:Los Angeles
    • Color:Select Color

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

That Matt guy sure is awesome. Everyone in Los Angeles should go see him for their next Kia ;)

#5 Dandywankers

Dandywankers

That's MR. WANKER to you!

• Advisor Hamster (Retired Staff)
    • 5,153 posts
    • City/Area:OC
    • Soul:Plus +
    • Color:Titanium Silver Metallic

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

Indeed! LOL

#6 Sundance

Sundance

Soul Sport

• 802 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

Well you could trade the tiger in for an ignition I'm sure they will take it in on trade. LOL

#7 chevy2guy

chevy2guy

Hamster Handler

• 1,072 posts
    • City/Area:Fullerton, Orange County
    • Soul:Sport
    • Color:Select Color

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

looks like you found our site OK. I'm sure you will see some things you would like to add to your car. Attend a couple meets and you can see many add ons you might want. to make this car special to you.

She's been on the site longer than you have Sundance :P

#8 Sundance

Sundance

Soul Sport

• 802 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:48 PM

Yea when I found out who she was.

#9 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts
    • City/Area:Santa Clarita
    • Year:2013
    • Soul:Base

Current mood: Blah

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

I purchased my 2011 Soul from this dealership, there were a few bumps in the process but everything got done and for two years I rolled with a 2011 Base w/manual. Late last summer I injured my right arm at work and was having trouble shifting so I decided this spring to trade in and get a Soul with an automatic. Shopped around for a new car but based on previous experience decided to try them again. This time there was MAJOR drama to getting the deal done. Fact: March 24 (Sunday)drove off the lot without financing approved. Fact: ~March 28 First contract torn up and second contract written up, relatives agreed to help me with down payment. Fact: Dealer wanted more money down, needed to bring in said relatives, atmosphere tense. Fact: April 9th Financing finally approved with third contract however by this time pay off letter had expired. I asked if new pay off letter was needed, was told that no worries the finance guy contacted the finance company and everything was fine. Fact: May 15th went to dealer with new pay off letter for residual amount left (less than $60), the new finance officer made a copy and wrote a note on it and said it would be taken care of. Finance officer that I dealt with (in April) previously no longer worked there. My trade in car has already been sold to someone else. Kept checking online with finance company no pay off shown. Fact: May 23 went back to dealer to inquire what the status was of my pay off. Did not know what I was talking about showed original pay off letter with residual amount on it to another finance officer. He took it upstairs to get a check written up for it. He said since it was their mistake, they will eat the cost and take care of it and gave a copy of check sent out. The finance officer that took the pay off letter on May 15th said Oh I should have followed up on that and she said she had dropped off the letter upstairs in someone's inbox. Fact: As of May 30th loan has not been paid off. Never had so much "drama" associated with a trade in and purchasing of a new car. Credit reports are not going to reflect loan paid off in full till July at the rate this is going. And I am concerned that the dealer has sold the car I traded in without the title.

#10 RED ZMAN

RED ZMAN

나는 보스

• Hamster In Charge (Owner)
    • 11,742 posts
    • State/Province:New Mexico
    • City/Area:Los Lunas
    • Year:2014
    • Soul:Exclaim !
    • Color:Bright Silver Metallic

Current mood: Cloud 9

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Keep us up to date on this, kind of an insane situation.

#11 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Just double checked with my Finance Company and it seems auto loan for my 2011 Soul has been paid off as May 28th however it did not show as paid till yesterday online. Now I just wait till July for my credit reports to reflect the account as paid in full.

#12 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

Another weird thing has happened. Two weeks ago I called the DMV about the fact that I had not received my license plates for my new Soul. So the DMV informed me that they were mailed out at the end of April and since it had been more than 30 days I can go to the local DMV office and get a new set. So the next day I went to the DMV, set up an appointment for the following week to get a new set of plates. So last Thursday I was able to get a new set of plates and registration and I did not have to pay anything since I never received my original set of plates. This afternoon waiting at the front door was an UPS package containing another set of license plates for my new Soul. I have checked the VIN number on the registration and it matches my car. The return address on the UPS package is from some warehouse in Cerritos, CA. So now I have two sets of license plates assigned to my new Soul. So tomorrow I call the CA DMV find out what I need to do to fix this. What is interesting is on this registration that I received today it shows a $20 check was received by the DMV and it was received on 6/10/13. WTF!? :jawdrop: So I guess another trip to the DMV is in order and I wonder if this is all a part of the ongoing weirdness with my situation. I know I have a gremlin over my shoulder instead of a guardian angel. :lmao:

I looked at the note that accompanied the new plates that I received today and it says it is from CVR, Computerized Vehicle Registration that has contracted with my dealership and the DMV to distribute license plates and registrations. What is odd is there is only 4 day difference in date of issuance for the two license plates. I wonder if the dealership sent in the request for the new plates when they received the title for my trade in? Inquiring minds would like to know. Oh well, I guess, hopefully, when I contact the DMV I can get some of questions answered and stuff. What I am not looking forward to is a 2-3 hour wait in line just to fix this stuff. :BangHead:

It is probably a ten minute fix, like turn in one set of plates and keep the other, hopefully.

#13 Buzz

Buzz

Soul Man

• 6,508 posts
    • State/Province:Texas
    • City/Area:DFW
    • Color:Alien Metallic/Green Tea Latte

Current mood: Dr Pepper

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hate to say it but that dealership is all screwed up! :crazy:

#14 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Just got off the phone with the CA DMV and found out what I need to do. The plates I picked up last Thursday as of 6/10/13 were no longer assigned to my car. Good thing I didn't get stopped by any cops between Monday and today since I would have had to do some explaining of a situation I was unaware of. Like driving around in a car with unassigned license plates. So I have to switch out my plates and the DMV technician suggested I drop off the unassigned plates at the local DMV office to prevent any potential liability in the future. Boy I hope this is the last of the drama with getting a new car for a long time.

Edited by pcsavvy, 13 June 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#15 Buzz

Buzz

Soul Man

• 6,508 posts
    • State/Province:Texas
    • City/Area:DFW
    • Color:Alien Metallic/Green Tea Latte

Current mood: Dr Pepper

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

I would go back to the dealer real fast, get a hold of the owner and explain what you've had to deal with since your purchase. Then take it to KIA corporate and file a complaint with them too!!! This is completely unacceptable!!!!!! :angry:

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2 with Swiftkey 3

Edited by Buzz, 13 June 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#16 sticker soul

sticker soul

스티커 소울

• 2,734 posts
    • State/Province:Tennessee
    • City/Area:Cleveland
    • Year:2011
    • Soul:Plus +
    • Color:Ignition/Lava Metallic

Current mood: Lurking

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

I agree with Buzz!

#17 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

I still have both registration cards for both plates so I guess I will need to get my crap together and try to get hold of the owner. It is kind of fortunate that I am on temporary disability and didn't have to miss work to get all this stuff straightened out. Just had to use up some gas. I am not sure what to say to the owner but I guess I will have to channel my inner bitch. Let the owner know that this whole situation will be reported to corporate. Should I call the dealership looking for the owner? Should I look to other sources to try to find info about the who the owner is? I am not feeling to comfortable dealing with the sales dept there.

Edited by pcsavvy, 14 June 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#18 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

Couple days ago I received a $2.00 check from the dealership, a refund of DMV fees. Invoice date was 5/30/13.

#19 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Oh my GOD!!!!!! Will this stuff never end. Just checked the mail box and what do you know......Another set of plates for my car was there..... :jawdrop: Wow, these two last plates almost match. Just the last two numbers are different. This latest set of plates were mailed on Aug. 13th, good thing I have not been stopped by the cops in the last two days. This time there is a letter accompanying the plates which are from CVR and I now have a name to contact I guess. I am currently waiting to get a call back from the DMV. To find out which plates are valid for my car. If I count the plates that were lost in April, this makes 4 plates assigned to my car. Man, this is like the never ending story or something. I have a feeling it is one more trip to the DMV to turn in another set of plates.

Just finished speaking with both CVR rep and DMV. They both informed me that the plates I have received today are the valid plates for my car. I have to remove the plates that are currently on my car and surrender them to the DMV. These last two plates the dealer has had to pay $19 each. So this is getting expensive for the dealer and frustrating for me. Once again I have to make a trip to the DMV to surrender a set of plates. It is a good thing the Dr. released me to work part time at my job so I have time to deal with this CRAP!!! I shudder to think what would have happened if a cop stopped me yesterday and ran my plates, only to find out the plates are invalid for the car I am driving. I shudder to think I would have to say "I don't know, sir, what do you mean my plates are invalid?" I am sure that response would go over like a lead balloon with some officers of the law. :BangHead:

#20 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

edit: Just wanted to add despite all this drama, I am enjoying the hell out of my 2013 Kia Soul. Just hoping that no more license plates end up at my door. I am not sure if anyone has had a similar problem with their Kia's but this is got to be some kind of record. :lmao: Did make an appointment (Aug. 26th) to drop off the invalid plates at the DMV, ask a few questions and get some answers/facts about WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON and WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE AT THIS TIME!!!

Edited by pcsavvy, 17 August 2013 - 11:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name