• Skin: CAGE
    • State/Province:California
    • City/Area:Santa Clarita
    • Year:2013
    • Soul:Base
    • Color:Clear White

Current mood: Blah

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

Went to the DMV today, turned in my plates. Boy, they were confused too, three plates assigned to one car. Two plates assigned within a month and then a third plate pops up on 8/12/13. Had the DMV do a print out of my registration history and after my therapy appt. I went to the dealership. The owner was not in so I spoke with Mindy the DMV person at the dealership. She did not know what happened and she said that the State of CA as of July requires car dealers to go through third party DMV license plate issuers. She said they had just switched companies which is odd since both plates came from the same place in Cerritos. She made a copy of my registration history. She said she would find out what is going on and get back to me. I told her that I had gone to the DMV to get the first set of plates and she said I should have contacted her about this issue. The DMV lady told me that it was unlikely I would have been arrested for driving around with invalid plates because the officer would have the registration history in the database. Well, that is a relief to know but I sure was not aware of that fact and I was sweating it a bit. I do hope this is the last set of plates I get for a long while. It is a pain in the ass having to take off the old plates put on the new plates go back forth to the DMV to surrender the old plates. It is good thing I am on disability and not using my vacation time to get all this crap accomplished. :BangHead:

#22 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• Soul Hamster (Regular Member)
    • 178 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

According to Mindy, no one knows how I got issued the last two license plates, nether her nor the company that sent the plates. Must have been a gremlin hitting some random keys. Hopefully I do not get any more newly assigned license plates to my car. I am tired of removing the previously assigned plates, putting on currently assigned plates and then driving down to the local DMV office, wait in line for 2 hours just to drop off a set of plates. Been there done that twice, don't need to do it a third or fourth time.

Who paid the $20 fee, not me, but somebody somewhere ate that cost twice?

#23 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

Okay, everyone I have not received any new plates so I guess everything has been settled as far as license plates has been concerned.  I have been loving my 2013 Soul.  It is easier to drive around in LA traffic.  My disability is still going on.  My right arm is doing better but my left arm is doing worse.  Still working limited hours.  Sucks.  I think Kia Valencia has new ownership so maybe the dealership experience may be different now.

#24 RED ZMAN

RED ZMAN

나는 보스

• Hamster In Charge (Owner)
    • 11,742 posts
    • State/Province:New Mexico
    • City/Area:Los Lunas
    • Year:2014
    • Soul:Exclaim !
    • Color:Bright Silver Metallic

Current mood: Cloud 9

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

I wish you the best luck in both respects.

#25 keesl

keesl

Soul +

• 343 posts
    • State/Province:Oregon
    • City/Area:Portland
    • Color:Titanium Silver Metallic

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

So sorry about your nightmare. You are not alone. Check this: http://www.yelp.com/...ia-kia-valencia

Edited by keesl, 15 March 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#26 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

I guess it helped to have folks with you to back you up in cases like this.  We were about ready to go to the Honda dealer down the street.  I personally have had no problems with the service/parts dept.  but sales, uggh.

#27 FMuscle

FMuscle

받릭

• Emperor Hamster (Administrator)
    • 7,266 posts
    • State/Province:Western Australia
    • City/Area:Rockingham
    • Year:2010
    • Soul:2U
    • Color:Denim Metallic/Moonlight Blue

Current mood: Down Under

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

Sales don't really know their stuff... Sales manager at one of the dealerships I worked at was 19 years old. That gives you the idea...

#28 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

Stopped by the service dept. to make an appointment to have my rear driver side door locking mechanism checked out.  It makes a funky noise when it is activated after sitting for awhile. 

Anyways, the dealership had a boatload of 2014's Souls, had all colors except denim blue.  Had a + fully loaded yellow 2014 Soul which I test drove.  Wow, it drives very quietly and smoothly.  The sunroof is fun.  The sales guy was informing me that they had a lot of the new Alien Green 2014 Souls, that is very pretty green, looks electric.  And he could make me a deal.  Yeah, right, my dad would kill me if I had another new Soul in the driveway. 

3 Souls in about 4 years, might be a record. NO NO must resist temptation!!!

#29 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Wow, just read in my local newspaper that Kia Valencia will be under new management next month.  About 40 people will be laid off when Keyes becomes the new management.  I guess that explains why the sales guy/internet manager was waiting to make a deal with me.

#30 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:20 AM

Found out the California Superstores went bankrupt and Keyes bought the store but not the liabilities.  So hopefully Keyes can make a go of it.

#31 pcsavvy

pcsavvy

Soul

• 178 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:04 PM

The drama goes on with this....

Last summer I tried to cancel my extended warranty, the dealership charged me $1500.  Guess what, the company had no record of my extended warranty so I faxed my copy of the contract which by then the ink had faded.  And I had to tell them what level of service and stuff.  Only after all that did the warranty company send my lien holder $900. 

This last fall I called the gap insurance company to cancel which surprise, surprise was the same company as my extended company, they had no record of my gap insurance.  At this point I feel totally screwed by this dealer.  What a F"ing rip off this whole contract has been and there is nothing at this point I can do about except vent.  Thank God I didn't have to use the Gap insurance or the extended warranty, I would have been SOL. :mad:

Keyes was like we bought the dealership but none of its liabilities when I contacted them about the extended contract foul up.  Boy do I feel like a chump!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name